In the 67th National Film Awards actor, Manjoy Bajpayee has conferred the Best Actor Award for his film ‘Bhonsle”. The veteran star won this title for 3rd time in his career. Previously he won the National Film Award twice, Best Supporting Actor in ‘Satya’, and Special Jury Award for his feature film ‘Pinjar’. Satya was penned by first-time writers- Saurabh Shukla and Anurag Kashyap. This movie received acclaim from critics and audiences alike because of its violence and strong language still had no objection from CBFC ( Central Board of Film Certification) and got an ‘A’ certification.
Pinjar: The Skeleton is based on the Hindu-Muslim problems during the partition of India. The film is based on a Punjabi novel of the same name, written by Amrita Pritam. On October 24th this film has completed 18 years.
Moreover, it was the 7th time the actor Manoj Bajpayee has won awards Here is the list:
- Filmfare Award in 2017 Critics Award for Best Actor for ‘Aligarh’,
- Filmfare Award in 2017 Best Actor Male Short Film for ‘Taandav’,
- Filmfare Award in 1999 Critics Award for Best Actor for ‘Shool”,
- Filmfare OTT Award in 2020 for Best Actor In A Drama Series (Critics) in ‘Family Man’,
- National Award in 1998 for Best Supporting Actor in ‘Satya’,
- National Film Award in 2003 – Special Jury Award for ‘Pinjar’
- National Award in 2021 Best Actor Award for ‘Bhonsle’.
The actor is known for his acting. Can you imagine that the son of a farmer from Bihar who battled all odds to break into Bollywood? Now, the recipient of three National Awards and a Padma Shri. And, yes, he is the man who once lost three roles in a single day, but he did not lose his confidence and worked hard for his dream.